This page provides government filings, public records, and information that might help legal concerns.
Project for Better Journalism, Inc. is a nonprofit corporation filed in the state of Texas, principally operating from Massachusetts and Texas. Our tax ID number (EIN) is 47-3775902. The IRS classifies PBJ as a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and a 509(a)(2) public charity.
Government filings and public record
- IRS 501(c)(3) determination letter, issued April 27, 2015
- IRS Form 1023-EZ as filed, submitted April 21, 2015
- IRS Tax ID/EIN confirmation letter, issued April 21, 2015
- Texas Certificate of Filing, issued April 20, 2015
- Texas Certificate of Formation, submitted April 16, 2015
You can verify our status as an IRS exempt organization on the IRS database.
Donation confirmation letters
As required by law and our policies, PBJ issues donation confirmation letters as written acknowledgment of monetary contributions. We appreciate your contributions and will issue confirmation letters–
- For online and PayPal contributions: Via PDF to the email address on file
- For checks and grant contributions: Via a physical letter to your address
- For in-kind donations: Upon request to corporate sponsorships and contributions; via physical letter for individual contributions
If you would like another donation confirmation letter, please contact [email protected] with your information and donation ID. We are generally able to reissue confirmation letters within the same fiscal tax year.
Contact us for legal concerns
Please see our complaints page for more information on filing complaints.
For legal concerns
We can verify, respond, and act on legal concerns faster if they are delivered to us via email.
Write us an email
For legal concerns only, email us at [email protected].
Send us mail
If you must write us, we prefer correspondence to our Boston mailbox:
Project for Better Journalism, Attn: Legal concerns
6 Liberty Square, Suite 240, Boston, MA 02109
Give us a call
Call the Project at (617) 6638-PBJ or (617) 663-8725.